SUBJECT:† The Most Important Issue Facing Parents, Church & Nation
There are approximately 50 million school age children in the U.S..† According to studies by George Barna - www.barna.org the Council of Family Life, et. al., approximately 80% of these children reject Christ as their personal Savior. (1)† This equates to 9,000 children loosing their faith every day of the year! †The primary reason for this is the anti-Christian public (government) school system which is dumbing down children, and indoctrinating them into a Secular Humanist worldview.† Thus, as adults they create a secular culture.
Considering all, it stands to reason that childrenís education should be the most urgent mission field of the church.
Assuming you agree that Scripture is the infallible, inerrant Word of God, I would ask: Where in Scripture does it instruct Christians to place their children in a pagan, anti-Christian system to be indoctrinated into a non-Christian worldview?† Does Scripture give any hint of ambiguity on this issue? †
Below are 10 suggestions (only 4 require any financial investment) which you might consider initiating in your church.† This would significantly impact your congregationís knowledge and subsequent choices or actions they take on behalf of their children or grandchildrenís education.†
1. Explain Intelligent Design to your congregation.† Secular Humanists use the theory of evolution as the foundation leading to the loss of childrenís Christian faith, and acceptance of the false religion of Secular Humanism.† There are many excellent DVDís that rebut this theory by explaining Intelligent Design.† †Two excellent DVDís are: Privileged Planet and Unlocking The Mystery of Life available from IllustraMedia.com
2. Most people think that their childís school is the exception and is a good school.† The pastor, or someone he selects, should inform the congregation how children are being devastated academically, their faith destroyed and their morals corrupted by the public school system.† Another alternative would be to show a DVD such as Indoctrination or Escaping Common Core or distribution of a flier such as, The Most Important Issue Facing Parents, Church & Nation.
3. Churches whose congregations consist primarily of those who are retired should also be informed.† Grandparents love their grandchildren, and want them to love the Lord and achieve their potential.
4. Hold an Education Decision Day in which the pros and cons of the various educational options (public, private, Christian and homeschooling) are explained and discussed.
5. Homeschooling is misunderstood, and many parents believe they cannot offer this option to their children for financial or other reasons.† Have a panel of several homeschooling parents explain the advantages and challenges, and answer questions by those in the congregation.
6. Write a series of one page information sheets on families, children, education and other issues, and place them in a conspicuous area of the church. (2)
7. Start a Christian Concerns Committee sometimes referred to as a Salt and Light Committee which† can be used as a research and information source for the entire church body.†
8. Establish a scholarship to assist parents who want to give their children a Christian education, but lack the financial ability.†
9. The church could financially support a ministry that is addressing this issue.† This is the exclusive issue of Exodus Mandate.† www.ExodusMandate.org
10. The church could assist homeschool mothers by helping them form a coop.
The church could consider forming a one room school.† Churchís
have the most underutilized real estate in the
12. The church could consider starting a preschool which can grow into a Christian school.
In these most troubling of times, and in a morally crumbling body politic, it seems as though we have become our own worst enemy. The average church pulpit and its affiliated leadership fail to alert the flock to the evils of the public schools quite possibly due to their concern of offending the congregants. But is that a legitimate concern in light of what children are being subject to in public schools?†
If you are indeed concerned about this vital issue and would like to
move forward, †I have the DVDís previously mentioned as well as a great deal
of additional information such as, how to hold an Education Decision Day
event, How To Establish a Christian School etc. which I would be
delighted to share with you, and help in any way I can.† †I am the
Dr. Robert Dreyfus
(1) If after reading this you believe it is bias, than I suggest you go to http://coldcasechristianity.com/2017/are-young-people-really-leaving-christianity/ which show the results of studies by many sources.
(2) Some Suggested Subjects:
INTRODUCING YOUR CHILD TO CHRIST
PRODIGAL KIDS - WHEN THEY REJECT YOUR BELIEFS
INTRODUCING YOUR CHILD TO A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW
HOW TO DEAL WITH THE IMPACT OF CULTURE ON YOUR CHILDREN
SUGGESTIONS ON HOMESCHOOLING
NAVIGATING REBELLION WITH A DIFFICULT TEEN
OPENING DIALOGUES WITH YOUR TEEN
WHAT IS A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW?
WHAT IS SECULAR HUMANISM?
AN EASY WAY TO PRESENT THE GOSPEL
SHOULD CHRISTIANS BE CONCERNED WITH VOTING AND POLITICS?